The Importance of Getting Pre-Approved
Getting a pre-approval is one of the most important steps when it comes to buying a home... And it should be one of the first steps! Getting a pre-approval is not difficult and can take as little as 10 to 12 minutes.
On this video, Jeff & Jason tackle why a Pre-Approval is so important, especially in today's market! Home buyers today often times need a pre-approval in order to just view a property! Let alone needing one to put in an offer and being competitive in today's market.
Transcript of Video:
- Hi, I'm Jeff Chubb with REN network and the CHUBB Realty group, which is brokered by XP Realty. And today we're with Jason Bonarrigo of RMS mortgage. And today we're gonna talk about why is it so darn important in order to get pre-approved. Jason?
- Well, it's everything right now. It's really tough competitive market. I mean, if you don't have a certified pre-approval letter most realtors aren't gonna talk to you, A. And B, you're just gonna be behind the eight ball. I mean, it's such a competitive market. I mean, I had one last week where there was 11, I think 11 to 12 offers on this house.
- We have three. Last week that were that way.
- Did you really?
- I mean, it's crazy. You just have to be. And again, any good realtor where it's not going to waste their time because they know you're not serious or you haven't got serious yet. So, when they push it and say you gotta talk to your lender or they refer someone they're doing it for your best interest. So you're in the most competitive place to buy a home.
- And, you know, one of the effects, the long lasting effects of COVID is that people have kind of woken up to the aspect, well I don't necessarily want unqualified buyers in...