Finance Talk - 2020 in the Rear View and Looking Forward to 2021
Script of the Interview
- Hi, it's Jeff Chubb with REN network and the Chubb Realty Group brokered by eXp Realty, we're here with Jason Bonarrigo of RMS Mortgage today, and ultimately, Jason, did you wanna say hi? But really we're gonna have a nice conversation in regards to what happened in this crazy year in 2020 and ultimately what we see for 2021. So lots happened I think in a year--
- It's been crazy, it's been crazy. It's been good, but it's been good but--
- It's been crazy good.
- So I think we're really lucky in the aspect that both of our industries from COVID, having, I mean I thought it was gonna go completely in the opposite direction, when COVID hit and the world shut down--
- Scary times.
- Yeah, I don't know about you, but I remember saying to my wife, like, hey, it's time to batten down the--
- Pack up camp and go back to school.
- Here we go to 2008 all over again, you know,
- There was a worry for all of us, I think, I mean, in all seriousness, I mean we were all concerned about what was going to happen and obviously still are in the bigger picture of things with everyone's health, but that being said, in our businesses, you know, very lucky and knock on wood, but we've survived and we've thrived really, you know, and interest rates have been low and people are buying homes and selling homes, and it's obviously been ironically one of the busiest years in our business.
- Who would have thought, it just took a world epidemic where the world shuts down, in order for--
- Total production.
- To make our real estate market completely change and one of the, you know, there's been a lot of changes in my world, not necessarily from, I mean, we're still selling a lot of houses, right? But it's weird in the sense of it's not the city anymore,...